In case you’ve been under a rock, Google’s latest update to Android, Ice Cream Sandwich, is on it’s way next week. Luckily, we’ve got enough leaks to sink a ship. Thanks to various sources, we’ve got them all right here for you in one convenient little pack. So, get your install finger ready and download all of the Ice Cream Sandwich files that we have so far. Inside, you’ll find the ICS boot animation, new apps for Google Music, Google+, and the Android Market, along with ringtones and wallpapers, and widgets, oh my!. Only thing left is the phone.
For the boot animation, just install the zip from recovery and you should be good to go. This has been reported to work on Motorola phones, GS2, EVO 4G, and the Nexus One so far. Let us know if you get it working on anything else (or if you have problems).
For the Google Music apk, make sure to uninstall the current Google Music app on your phone before installing. Once installed, make sure syncing is set up by going to Settings > Accounts & Sync. If syncing isn’t working, go to Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > and “Clear data.”
A big thanks to Droid Life for instructions on installing the new Market 3.2.0.
1. Download the file from above (Phonesky.apk) to your SD card.
2. In Root Explorer, find the file you just downloaded and copy it.
3. Move into /system/app and hit the R/W button to mount – then paste the file.
4. Find Vending.apk and rename it to something like Vending.apk1.
5. Long press on Phonesky.apk and rename it to Vending.apk.
6. Afterwards, long press on it again and choose “Permissions.”
7. Change the permissions to this:
8. Press “OK”, reboot and enjoy the new market.
Here’s the download link again: Ice Cream Sandwich Files